- Poster Gala and Reception
- South Puget Sound Abstracts
The 2018 South Sound Science Symposium spans a variety of important environmental issues of interest to a broad audience. The purpose of this year’s Symposium is to highlight emerging research on ecosystem status, trends, and conditions to help inform recovery, restoration, and protection efforts in the South Puget Sound region. We have an excellent slate of invited speakers covering a wide variety of topics. Unfortunately, a one-day symposium cannot hope to cover the full scope of scientific work underway in South Puget Sound. The Symposium also gives researchers an opportunity to share their work by means of a Poster Gala, networking reception, and an electronic collection of abstracts.
We invite all scientists and technical staff from educational institutions, government and tribal natural resource agencies, non-profit groups, and the private sector to submit poster abstracts to the Symposium. Individuals from several agencies working on a joint project are encouraged to collaborate on an abstract. While abstracts should discuss research conducted in the South Sound region, research conducted elsewhere that can be directly related to the South Sound is also acceptable.
Poster Session and Gala
Abstract author(s) are encouraged to prepare a poster for the reception and Poster Gala.
Those who wish to prepare a poster must:
- Register for the Symposium
- Complete the Abstract Submission Form
Please note that we have room at the event for a limited number of posters and want to make sure that we cover the range of scientific research that is currently occurring in the South Sound region. Selection of abstracts for posters will be based on the relevance of the research to the South Puget Sound, quality of the abstract, and distinctiveness of the research. Authors are requested to be available to discuss their posters at the reception and Poster Gala, which begins at 4:00 pm the day of the Symposium.
South Puget Sound Abstracts
All accepted abstracts will be combined into an electronic document that will be accessible on the web by the time of the Symposium. The compilation will be a valuable resource for those interested in scientific work currently underway or recently completed in South Puget Sound.
- Submit abstracts by close of business Friday, August 31, 2018, to Tom Kantz (email: TKANTZ@co.pierce.wa.us, phone: 253-798-4625). Use the Abstract Submission Form, which can be accessed from the South Sound Science Symposium website (http://www.southsoundscience.org)
- Authors selected for posters will be invited by close of business Friday, September 14, 2018.
- Poster set up is the morning of the Symposium, no later than 10:30 a.m., Tuesday, October 16, 2018, and the reception and poster gala begins at 4:00 p.m.