Poster Size, Format, and Style Tips
- Limit your poster size to no larger than 48 inches x 48 inches.
- At the Symposium, posters will be affixed to individual poster boards.
- Push-pins, clips, tape, and poster boards will be provided at the meeting.
- Presenters are required to assemble and disassemble their own poster.
- Titles should be > 60 point font and have surrounding space for clarity.
- Use Arial or another san-serif font for titles and headings for clarity and readability.
- Use Times Roman or another serif font for main body text (> 24 point font) so it is legible from at least six feet away.
- Use 24-26 point font for chart axis titles, to match the text.
- Poster headings should include a title, author’s name(s), affiliation(s), and contact information.
- A poster is not a paper: avoid too much information in text and tables; summarize using bullets and multiple smaller tables.
- Choose figures over tables whenever possible.
- Text color should contrast well against its background.
- Images and graphics should be large and high quality.
- Put captions under all graphics and credit photos when possible.
- Consider symmetry when laying out your poster, try to balance elements like text boxes, images, etc. so they flow and are easy to follow.
- Seek peer review for your poster for content, design, and readability.
- KEEP IT SIMPLE- Limit yourself to one topic or hypothesis.
Poster Gala Information
- The Poster Gala and reception begins at 4:00pm, October 16, 2018, immediately following the oral presentations. There will be additional poster viewing opportunities during the lunch hour, and morning and afternoon breaks.
- Poster Setup begins early in the morning during registration, but no later than 10:30 am.
- Poster presenters are requested to be present to discuss their posters during the Poster Gala. Leave business or other cards if you can’t stay near your poster.
- Breakdown Time is after the evening reception and Poster Gala.